Review of the semi-finalists’ form at the completion of the quarter-finals of the 2013 Australian Open.
For Australian Open it’s the Top 4 men in the semi-finals as it has been a lot recently.
Have a look at details of how each semi-finalist has performed so far during the 2013 Australian Open.
Form Guide After Quarter-Finals
Top Half of the Draw: Thursday Night Semi-Final Djokovic v Ferrer
No. 1 seed Novak Djokovic
- Dropped 3 sets in reaching the semi-finals. Wawrinka took the first 2 sets in their round 4 match and 1 set to Berdych in the quarter-final.
- Won 110 games and lost 73 in 5 matches against Mathieu, Harrison, Stepanek, Wawrinka and Berdych.
- Hit 203 winners and 141 unforced errors in 5 matches.
- Served 40 aces and 10 double faults.
No. 4 seed David Ferrer
- Reached semi-final defeating Rochus, Smyczek, Baghdatis, Nishikori and Almagro.
- Won round quarter-final in 5 sets and round 3 in 4 sets.
- 105 total games won compared to 64 lost.
- Served 32 aces and 7 double faults. Didn’t serve a double fault in round 1 or the quarter-final.
- Won over 69% of points when first serve is in.
Bottom Half of the Draw: Friday Night Semi-Final Federer v Murray
No. 2 seed Roger Federer
- Reached semi-finals losing 68 games, winning 101.
- Defeated Paire, Davydenko, Tomic, Raonic and Tsonga. Winning all 4 tie-breaks played.
- Served 43 aces and 9 double faults.
- Hit 98 winners to 77 unforced errors.
- Won over 76% of points when first serve is in.
No. 3 seed Andy Murray
- Only semi-finalist who hasn’t dropped a set in reaching the semi-finals. Defeating Haase, Sousa, Berankis, Simon and Chardy.
- Won 91 games and lost 41.
- Served 52 aces to 2 double faults.
- Over 58% of first serves are in.
- Won over 71% of points when first serve is in.
My heart says Ferrer and Federer through to the final, head says Djokovic and Federer.
Who would you like to win the semi-finals?
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal