In 2012, Grand Slam Gal and Ball Boy attended all four tennis Grand Slam events; Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and US Open.
This was the Grand Slam Schedule for 2012.
Given that we live in Melbourne, some logistics were involved. We stayed in Melbourne for the Australian Open in January (that was the easy bit), and then in mid May we went to London, where we were based for the French Open and Wimbledon.
Mid July we came back to Melbourne for about month before heading to the USA mid August for the US Open. We returned to Melbourne mid September with the grand slam plan accomplished.
Tennis fans who love Grand Slams can read about the journey and new events by:
- Clicking on the links at the top of this page to read articles about each Grand Slam tournament
- Signing up for blog updates
- Joining Grand Slam Gal on Facebook
- Following Grand Slam Gal and Ball Boy on Twitter.
Along with articles about the tennis matches and the players, I have written about the whole Grand Slam experience including:
- Practical information like how to get tickets and how to get to the venues
- Comparing the four events
- The culture and travel experience of the cities where each event is held.
- The cheese
- The snack packs
- The restaurants and bars
- The day trips
- The merchandise.
Between slams I blog every week or two. In the lead up to, and during a Grand Slam event, I blog more frequently.
Here are my progress reports which were written during 2012:
- Grand Slam Progress Report: 25% complete
- Grand Slam Progress Report: 50% complete
- Grand Slam Progress Report: 75% complete
- Grand Slam Progress Report: 100% complete