Hi, I’m Mel from Melbourne aka Grand Slam Gal.
In 2012, along with my trusty side kick Ball Boy, I’m planning to have a red hot go at attending all four Grand Slam tennis events; Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.
And I’ll be writing about my adventures here on this blog. Read more about Grand Slam Gal.
Along with articles about the tennis matches and the players, I’ll be writing about the whole Grand Slam experience including:
- The culture and travel experience of the cities where each event is held. Eating, drinking, hospitality, things to see and do while you’re there.
- Practical information like how to get tickets and how to get to the venues
- Comparing the similarities and differences of the four events.
I’ll also be blogging about selected pleasantries relevant to each of the four cities where the Grand Slam events are held. Things like “The Grand Slam of Cheese”, “The Grand Slam of Day Trips”, “The Grand Slam of Restaurants” and “The Grand Slam of Snack Packs (to keep you going during the events)”.
If you’ve ever dreamed of doing the tennis Grand Slam, or you’re planning to go to one of the events some time in the future, you’re invited to share the experience with me by:
- Signing up for blog updates
- Joining Grand Slam Gal on Facebook
- Following Grand Slam Gal and Ball Boy on Twitter.
Ball Boy and I need a lot of support to make our Grand Slam plan a reality. We’re open to all offers of support! Please view the Sponsors page for more info.
Between slams I’ll blog every week or two. In the lead up to, and during a Grand Slam event, I’ll be blogging more frequently.
I’ve chosen 2012 as the year of the tennis Grand Slam because that’s the year that I turn 40.
As a bonus, the Olympics are on in London the same year.
And I don’t want to wait any longer.
Until next time, game on!