The 2016 Priceline Pharmacy Kooyong Classic takes place at Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club from Tuesday January 12 to Friday January 15, 2016.
The event is a key lead-in to the season-opening Grand Slam, the Australian Open.
Planning to attend the 2016 Kooyong Classic?
Read my Fan Guide to the Kooyong Classic and find out what you need to know to enjoy a fabulous day.
- The Priceline Pharmacy Kooyong Classic is the only Australian Open warm-up event to be played in Melbourne. Which means that it’s the only opportunity for players to get ready for the Australian Open playing on the same court surface and in the same weather conditions.
- In 2016 the tournament will feature an expanded, 12-player, draw. View the full Kooyong Classic 2016 player line-up.
New Initiatives for the Kooyong Classic 2016
If you’ve read my blog you’ll know how much I love live tennis, particularly live tennis in Melbourne, my home city. So it’s fair to say that the Kooyong Classic already has a special place in my heart! And for 2016 the organisers have made the tournament even more accessible so that more people can enjoy the fantastic atmosphere, entertainment and tennis.
- Ticket Prices start from only $20. View full details of Kooyong Classic ticket pricing.
- After 3pm entry will be FREE for each day of the tournament, allowing patrons access to the Kooyong Common area and Kooyong Stadium (if the last match is still in play). This means that you can visit the grounds after work, enjoy the atmosphere, food, drinks, entertainment and activities listed below. And even watch some tennis if there are still matches in play (which there usually are, sometimes even until the sun goes down!)
- Five food trucks will take centre stage at the tournament’s vibrant Kooyong Common. Cuisines on the pass include Soul Kitchen Pizza, Sliders on Tyres, White Guy Cooks Thai, Crepes n Coffee and Nandos, and there will also be Pimms and Champagne tents for diners who want to enjoy a post-work drink with their foodie treats.
- The lawned area adjacent to centre court will feature a lawn bowls rink, a big screen so patrons can keep an eye on the on-court action, live music every evening and an exciting array of sponsor marquees and activations.
“Our new – reinvigorated – Kooyong Common, is a fantastic place for the whole family to come and enjoy the tennis and really soak up Kooyong’s unique and intimate atmosphere,” said tournament director Brian Cooney. “The food trucks are a first for Kooyong and we’re looking forward to seeing lots of new faces getting a taste of the tournament and enjoying some lazy January evenings on the lawn.”
Find out more about the Priceline Pharmacy Kooyong Classic at KooyongClassic.com.au.
See you there!
Grand Slam Gal