My 2012 Grand Slam plan is now 25% complete and I’m working on the plans for attending the next three slams.
Flight and accommodation bookings are under control and I’m working on as many ways as possible to get good tickets for the events.
As well as the tennis, the players and the tournaments, I’m planning to write articles about the culture of the cities where the events and held, and useful information for fans who are interesting in attending, or would like to know what it’s like to attend.
If you’ve been to the French Open, Wimbledon or US Open, I’d love to share your feedback and tips on the topics below in future articles.
I will gladly acknowledge everyone’s input, and if you’re a tennis or travel blogger who would like to write a guest blog on any of the topics listed below or have other suggestions, just say the word!
- Great sports bars and other places to watch the tournaments on TV in the city where they are held.
- For example, we’ll be in Paris for most of the time the French Open is on, but at best we’ll only be able to get tickets for four sessions, so I’d love suggestions for places to check out that have a great atmosphere where we can watch the French Open on TV.
- Cafes, Bars and Restaurants to try while we’re in Paris, London and New York that offer great food and drink, reasonable prices and good atmosphere.
- Useful iPhone apps eg for using local public transport, finding places to eat and drink and sights to see etc
- Sights to see and things to experience while in Paris, London and New York
- I’ve been to all these cities several times before and will be doing sight seeing recon before the tennis starts but would particularly love to publish some guest articles on this topic.
- Local knowledge insights that will help overseas visitors enjoy the events more, and essential items to bring while attending the tournaments.
- How to get to the tournament venues via the different methods of transport.
I’m also open to suggestions for articles on any other topic related to each Grand Slam tournament and the experience of being there.
As examples, here are the topics of the articles that I wrote during the Australian Open.
If you have feedback, tips or suggestions, please:
- leave a comment below
- tweet me @GrandSlamGal
- leave a comment on Facebook
- or send me an email.
Thanks in advance!
Grand Slam Gal