Check out the French Open at Roland Garros 2013 men’s and women’s draws.
The Roland Garros 2013 draw ceremony was held around midday Paris time on Friday 24 May.
Rafael Nadal assisted with the women’s draw (wearing shorts on a cold Paris day, bless him) and Maria Sharapova assisted with the men’s draw.
So, onward to the details of the draw.
The Men’s Draw
- In Round 1, Djokovic (seed 1) plays Goffin, Federer (seed 2) plays a qualifer, Nadal (seed 3) plays Brands and Ferrer (seed 4) plays Matosevic
- Djokovic could meet Dimitrov in Round 3, who beat him recently in Madrid
- Potential Quarter-finals: Djokovic-Tipsarevic, Nadal-Gasquet, Berdych-Ferrer, Tsonga-Federer.
- Nadal and Djokovic are in the same half of the draw and could potentially meet in a Sem-Final.
GSG’s Round One Matches to Watch
- Berdych v Monfils
- Simon v Hewitt
- Stepanek v Kyrgios (granted that I’m biased but Nick Kygios won the Boys Australian Open title this year, he has loads of potential and got a Wild Card to RG)
- Paire v Baghdatis
- Djokovic v Goffin (at one point Goffin looked like he might beat Federer during their RG match in 2012)
The Women’s Draw
- Kuznetsova comes in to the draw unseeded
- Stosur is in Sharapova’s QF, could meet Kvitova in Round 4
- Potential QFs: Williams v Kerber, Errani v A Radwanksa, Azarenka v Li Na, Kvitova v Sharapova
GSG’s Round One Women’s Matches to Watch
- Wozniaki v Robson
- Stosur v Date-Krumm
- Li Na v Medina Garrigues
- Kuznetsova v Makarova
What other matches are you looking forward to at the French Open?
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal