Find out how to submit your 2013 public ballot application for Wimbledon tickets.
I’ve been getting web traffic from people looking for information on the 2013 Wimbledon ballot so here it is!
Read the Public Ballot Information on the Wimbledon website here.
The Ballot Process
If you want to apply for tickets to Wimbledon 2013 you need to enter the public ballot. Tickets are allocated randomly through the ballot using a computerised selection process.
The ballot process is paper based, there is no online option available.
This article summarises the key steps to the process and the important deadline dates.
Step 1 – Obtain Ballot Entry Form
The ballot opened on 1 August 2012. To enter the ballot you have to obtain an application form. This is done by simply sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
AELTC, P.O. BOX 98, London, SW19 5AE
- No note or letter is required.
- A DL type envelope is preferred (approx 110mm by 220mm, 4¼“ by 8 5/8”).
- Applications from outside the UK must include an International Reply Coupon (typically available at a post office) instead of placing a stamp on the self-addressed envelope.
Key date: The request for an application form must be made by 15 December 2012.
- Only one application form per household is permitted. Multiple entries will result in all applications being made invalid.
Step 2 – Processing Request For Application Form
The AELTC aim to send out the application form within two weeks of receiving the stamped, self-addressed envelope.
Step 3 – Complete and Return Application Form
Complete the application form using BLACK ink and in BLOCK CAPITALS. Using any other colour ink will void the form.
The application form has to be completed and returned to
P.O. BOX 67611, London, SW19 9DT
- No self addressed envelope is required.
Key date: Application form must be posted by 31 December 2012.
- Don’t submit a copy of the application form, only an original version. Such applications will be void.
- Don’t cross-out, make amendments or include any instructions on the application form. Any of these will void the application.
- Don’t apply for tickets on behalf of someone else as a present if you are not going to attend Wimbledon with them. The individual who buys tickets has to show matching identification to gain access to Wimbledon and accompany any companions with tickets bought by them.
Step 4 – Ballot
The ballots start taking place from February 2013 until the week before The Championships.
Successful applicants will be notified by post from February to June 2013.
Step 5 – Successful applicants pay for tickets
Tickets can be paid for through a secure website by credit or debit card or by posting a cheque.
Step 6- Distribution of tickets
Ticket despatch begins in the second week of May.
Wimbledon website ballot information
This information above taken from Wimbledon’s official website. Follow the link to read more details and the Ballot Do’s and Don’ts.
Good luck with your ballot entry!
You might also like to read about other ways to get tickets for Wimbledon.