The memorable moments from AO 2013.
This year’s Australian Open created a lot of memorable moments. Some good, some bad, some memorable for other reasons.
Then there were the outfits. Adidas lemon was everywhere you looked during the first week.
And the men’s flourescent shoes, suitable to light up a dance floor as well as a tennis court.
My list of memorable moments is below. Let me know what I missed by leaving a comment or tweeting me @grandslamgal
The Men’s Matches
- Djokovic d Wawrinka
- Djokovic d Murray in the final to win his third consecutive Australian Open title
- Ferrer d Almagro
- Federer d Tsonga
- Murray d Federer
- Federer d Tomic
- Simon d Monfils
- Kavcic d Duckworth
- Monfils d Dolgopolov
The Women’s Matches
- The final: Azarenka d Li Na
- Li Na d Sharapova
- Stephens d Serena Williams
- Serena’s fall in Hisense on Day 1
- Serena hitting herself in the face with her racquet
- Serena’s Medical Time Out v Stephens in the quarter-final
- Azarenka’s nine minute Medical Time Out v Stephens in the semi-final
- Li Na’s ankle twist and concussion risk during the women’s final
- Tipsarevic withdraws v Almagro in Round 4
The Other Stuff
- The Heard, keeping the crowd entertained during Tomic’s matches. The videos at that link still make me laugh!
- Redfoo being everywhere that Victoria was
- Adidas yellow player outfits everywhere you looked
- The new Practice Courts Viewing Deck
- The freebies, including Dove deodorant
- The great weather, only two super hot days
- Players telling what they would do if they weren’t playing tennis
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal