The US Open finished over 6 weeks ago and right about now it’s really feeling like a long time between slams.
The good news is that it’s only 12 weeks to go until the AO!
The Australian Open 2012 runs from the 16th to 29th of January.
- Until then for the men the next ATP World Masters 1000 tournament will be held in Paris from 7 November.
- After that the Barclays ATP World Tour finals will be held in London from 20 November.
- Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Murray and Ferrer have already qualified for the finals. You can see who has a chance for the other three places by scrolling down on the ATP Website.
- For the ladies, Wozniaki, Sharapova, Kvitova, Azarenka, Li, Zvonerava, Stosur and Radwanska will play the WTA Championships in Istanbul from 25 to 30 October.
You can check out the AO Men’s Schedule of Play, prize money and ranking points here.
And here’s a few memories to take you back to Australian Open 2011.
- Novak Djokovic beating Andy Murray in straight sets in the Men’s Final
- Kim Clijsters beating Na Li in 3 sets in the Women’s Final.
- Na Li and her hilarious media interviews about her husband snoring and her mum not watching
- Shiavone v Kuznetsova in the longest ever women’s match
- All the fab moments from the Rally for Relief
- And of course Venus in her pie inspired dress
While we wait for the Australian Open, here’s the 2012 TV Commercial to get you warmed up.
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal