This year’s BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells started with a virus that caused several players to withdraw and had fans concerned over who else might be affected during the tournament. But the show went on and ended with victories by Azarenka and Federer.
Men’s Final: Federer defeated Isner 7-6(7), 6-3
- To reach the men’s final, Isner defeated Djokovic and Federer defeated Nadal in a windy semi final
- Isner will now be ranked in the Top 10 for the first time
- Federer now has 19 ATP World Tour Masters titles and he is the first player to win Indian Wells four times
- This is Federer’s third straight title this year; he also won Rotterdam and Dubai.
- Read more about Federer’s win on the ATP World Tour website
And here is his interview after the win…
Women’s Final: Azarenka defeated Sharapova 6-2, 6-3
- Azarenka’s is on a 23-0 winning streak
- This is her fourth title of the year and adds to her wins at the Australian Open, Sydney and Doha
Pics from Around the Indian Wells Grounds
These pics from around the Indian Wells grounds by On The Go Tennis are the next best thing to being there!
Players’ Party Arrivals Vid
Check out the players dressed and ready for the Players’ party at the start of the tournament.
Next Up – Sony Ericsson Open in Miami – 19 March to 1 April
- Qualifying runs from 19-20 March and the 1st Round starts 21 March
- Novak Djokovic is the defending champion.
- Visit the Sony Ericsson Open website
With Rafa back in the game after his break in February, Roger in top form and Novak keen to defend his title, I can’t wait to watch more tennis from Miami (on tv of course, but if you’ll be there live – enjoy!)
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal