Check out these Men’s Tennis stats:
- Number of Matches Won without a Loss year to date by Novak Djokovic = 23
- Number of Tournaments Played on Clay in April by Novak Djokovic = 0 (currently playing first tournament on clay at the Serbian Open in Belgrade)
- Number of Straight Wins by Rafael Nadal on Clay since losing to Soderling in 2009 = 31
- Number of Sets Lost in Barcelona by Rafael Nadal since first playing in 2003 = 2
- Number of Tournaments Won on Clay in April by Rafael Nadal = 2 (Monte Carlo, Barcelona)
- Number of Times David Ferrer has been Runner Up to Rafa on Clay in April = 2 (Monte Carlo, Barcelona)
- Total Number of Matches Won at Indian Wells & Miami by Andy Murray = 0
- Total Number of Matches Won in Monte Carlo on clay by Andy Murray = 3
- Number of Matches Won in Monte Carlo by last year’s Runner Up, Fernando Verdasco = 0 (lost to Tommy Robredo in straight sets)
- Number of Tournaments Not Won by Roger Federer Year to Date = Too Many.
View the current ATP Singles World Rankings
The French Open 2011 will be played in Paris from Monday 23 May until Sunday 5 June.
Until then, this is where the boys will be honing their clay court skills.
There are three tournaments being played this week:
- Estoril Open, Estoril, Portugal
- Serbia Open, Belgrade, Serbia
- BMW Open, Munich, Germany.
Matua Madrilena Madrid Open – Madrid – 2 to 8 May – ATP 1000 event
Internazionali BNL d’Ialia – Rome – 9 to 15 May – ATP 1000 event
Open de Nice Cote d’Azur – Nice – 15 to 21 May – ATP 250 Event
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal
Please sign up and get articles delivered straight to your inbox, or connect via the links below.
Photo Source AFP via Tennis.com.au
I’m going to go with continued good play, I think if he slumps again this soon then it’s possible he’ll never ever recover!
How do you think Murray will do next week in Madrid? I’m guessing he’s playing there. Will he go back to slumping or continue good clay court play?