Memories of Wimbledon 2012; the good, the bad and the unexpected.
1. Roger Federer winning the Men’s Singles title, his 17th title
2. Andy Murray’s speech and tears at the end of the Men’s final
3. Serena Williams winning the Women’s Singles title
4. Serena’s serving
5. Agnieszka Radwanska’s come back in the second set of the Women’s final
6. Wild card entrants Jonny Marray and Frederik Nielsen winning the Men’s Doubles
7. Andy Murray, the first British man since 1938 (in 74 years) to make to the final
8. Andy Murray hitting Jo-Wilfried Tsonga with the ball (enough said!)
9. The Murray v Ferrer quarter final
10. All the women’s quarter finals
11. Yaroslava Shvedova’s golden set against Sara Errani
12. Canadian Juniors Eugénie Bouchard and Filip Peliwo winning the girls and boys singles titles respectively
13. Wills and Kate, Rod Laver, Kylie, the Beckhams and the other stars that watched from the Royal Box
14. The rain and all the discussion about whether or not the roof would or wouldn’t be closed
15. Murray v Baghdatis being played at night which finished just after the 11.00pm curfew
16. Roger Federer’s five setter against Julien Benneteau in round three
17. Rafael Nadal’s loss to Lukas Rosol in round two
18. Tomas Berdych’s loss to Ernests Gulbis in round one
19. Roger Federer’s twins whenever they watched Dad play
Note – the list is not intended to be in order of importance.
Did I miss any? Please leave a comment and let me know.
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal