To ensure you have a great day at the Australian Open, here’s my quick check list of essential items.
AO Essentials for Ticket Holders
- Schedule of Play – you can print it off the Australian Open website here. It’s also in the AO app.
- Sunscreen - this is particularly essential if you have a ground pass and will be in the sun all day watching tennis. Even if it doesn’t seem really sunny, the Melbourne sun can burn if you’re outside for a while.
- Hat - as above
- Headphones for listening to AO radio
- Australian Open Program – a great read, you can buy this when you get there.
- Cold drink or empty water bottle that you can refill during the day – there are loads of water stations around the grounds.
- Phone charger, especially if it’s a long day of tennis and you’re using the AO App and / or Twitter a lot – there are power points in Hisense arena where you can recharge.
- Extra layer of long sleeved clothes either for sun protection or in case the temperature dips fast (Melbourne weather is anything but consistent!)
- Cleansing Wipes – good for sticky hands and wiping sweat from skin
- Small towel - as above, plus useful for drying seats if it rains.
Did I miss anything that you always bring?
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal