Thanks for coming over from Twitter.
I’m Mel from Melbourne, aka Grand Slam Gal
A huge tennis fan
Who has a plan
To go to the Grand Slam
Being in Melbourne for the Australian Open is easy. That’s where I live.
Then hopefully we’ll travel to London, Paris and New York to attend the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open.
I’ll be accompanied by my trusty side-kick Ballboy2012.
About the Grand Slam Gal blog
My blog is about Grand Slam Tennis. Generally the Men.
I don’t do play by play reviews of matches or in depth previews of upcoming tournaments. There are plenty of great writers already blogging about that.
My articles are about Grand Slam tennis, particularly the interesting and funny snippets about the tournaments, the players, the fashion and the hairstyles.
As my plan comes together to do the Grand Slam in 2012, I’ll be blogging about how to do the Grand Slam;
- Getting to the right place at the right time
- Getting tickets
- The culture of the cities where the tournaments are held
- The snack packs
- The whole experience.
About Grand Slam Gal
Aside from my tennis fascination, here are a few tidbits about me:
- Can’t sing but love, love, love Sing Star
- Big True Blood fan (after all, it’s not about vampires, it’s about people who happen to be vampires)
- Have my own business helping small businesses to market their website
- Can’t get enough cracked pepper.
About me on Twitter
I tweet most days. I love to chat about tennis and read and share other tennis blogs.
I tweet more when a major tournament is being played, and less in between tournaments.
If you follow me, generally I’ll follow you back (unless you’re a Russian bride type account).
Want to find Tennis peeps on Twitter and Facebook?
Check out these articles
And here is a handy list of dates and other deets of Grand Slam tennis events in 2012.
Follow the Grand Slam Tennis adventures
- Follow me on Twitter
- Sign up to get new articles delivered to your Inbox, in case you don’t see them on Twitter
- Join Grand Slam Gal on Facebook
- Read the Grand Slam Gal blog, and if you’re inclined, write a comment – all commenters receive my eternal gratitude and appreciation.
Thanks again for stopping by. Tweet you soon!