This year’s Australian Open sure fired up emotions from both the players and the fans. Good or bad, I’m glad that we love it enough to show how we feel.
Here are my memories of the AO 2012, plus some of my favourite Australian Open videos.
– The Men’s Final: Djokovic v Nadal
– The Women’s Final: Azarenka v Sharapova
– The Semi Finals: Federer v Nadal, Djokovic v Murray, Azarenka v Clijsters, Sharapova v Kvitova
– Serena and the bugs
– The Nalbandian non challenge incident
– The Berdych non hand shake incident
– The Baghdatis racquet smashing
– The Kim come back post ankle roll against Li Na
– Early upsets: Sam Stosur’s loss in Round 1
– Early upsets: Verdasco’s loss to Tomic in Round 1
– Lleyton getting a set off Djokovic, and never giving up the fight
– Hewitt’s win over Raonic
– Tomic’s win over Dolgopolov
– Federer’s win over Tomic
– Kei Nishikori; first Asian man in a long time to make a Grand Slam quarter final
– No American man reaching the Round of 16 for the first time in a long time
– Ferrer with the puppies
– Rafa at the Aquarium
– Makarova and Errani making it through to the Quarter Finals
– Roger playing his 1000th match against Delpo
– The Ball Kids flash mob in Garden Square
– Andy Roddick’s retirement against Hewitt
– The twists and turns of Monfils v Kukushkin
– Serena notching up her 500th win
– Aussie James Duckworth’s performance v Tipsarevic
I know I’ve missed mentioning loads of moments in this article. Please tweet them to me @GrandSlamGal or leave a comment on Facebook or below and I’ll add them in!
And do you remember the moments from Australian Open 2011?
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal