Review of the top seeds’ form at the completion of the third round of the 2013 Australian Open.
Also have a look at the form guide for the men going in to the Semi-Finals.
Form Guide After Round 3
Top Half of the Draw
No.1 seed Novak Djokovic
- Defeated Mathieu, Harrison and Stepanek to reach round 4.
- Wawrinka is Djokovic’s round 4 opponent. Potential quarter-final opponents Anderson or Berdych.
- Without dropping a set Djokovic has won 56 games and lost 29 in the first 3 rounds.
- Served 23 aces and 3 double faults.
- Winning 85% of points when first serve is in.
No.4 seed David Ferrer
- Rochus, Symczek and Baghdatis were defeated by Ferrer in the first 3 rounds.
- In round 4 Ferrer plays Nishikori with either Almagro or Tipsarevic in the quarter-finals.
- Dropped a set against Symczek, but has still won 59 games to 32 lost.
- Hit 76 winners to 61 unforrced errors in total in first 3 rounds.
- Over 60% of first serves are in. Ferrer has won over 70% of points where the first serve is in.
Bottom Half of the Draw
No.2 seed Roger Federer
- Defeated Paire, Davydenko and Tomic in the first 2 rounds without dropping a set. Won 55 games and lost 29.
- Hit 60 winners and 60 unforced errors (42 in the match against Davydenko) in first 2 matches. In round 3 Federer hit 46 winners and 20 unforced errors.
- Served 23 aces and 6 double faults.
- Won over 76% of points when first serve is in.
- Faces Milos Raonic in round 4, then winner of Tsonga/Gasquet in the quarter-finals.
No.3 seed Andy Murray
- Won 55 and lost 27 games winning first 3 matches without dropping a set against Haase, Sousa and Berankis.
- Plays the winner of Monfils/Simon in round 4 with Chardy or Seppi as quarter-final opponent.
- Served 31 aces and only 1 double fault.
- Hit 77 winners to 69 unforced errors. Won over 70% of points when first serve is in.
Also view the Form Guide for the Top 4 Women after Round 3.
Until next time
Grand Slam Gal
P.S. Sign up for Aussie Summer of Tennis Daily Updates
Aussie Summer of Tennis Daily Updates will be written every day to help you stay up to date. If you’d like to get your copy delivered to your inbox, please sign up below