We’re now at the end of the “second round” of the Hopman Cup and each team has played twice.
In Group A the Czech Republic has a perfect record (two wins, both at 3-0).
In Group B France and Spain both have two wins and will play each other on Thursday to find out which team goes through to the final.
View the Hopman Cup line up and updates from Day 1, 2 and 3, Day 4 and 5 and Day 6 and 7.
Day 3 and 4 results
Session 5 – Spain beat China 2-1
- Li Na d Medina Garrigues 6-3, 6-1
- Verdasco d Wu Di 6-3, 6-4
- Verdasco & Medina Garrigues d Li Na and Wu Di 6-0, 6-2
Session 6 – France beat Australia 3-0
- Bartoli d Gajdosova 6-0, 6-0
- Gasquet d Hewitt 6-2, 5-7, 6-1
- Gasquet & Bartoli d Hewitt & Gajdosova 6-3, 6-4
Session 7 – Bulgaria beat Denmark 2-1
- Wozniaki d Pironkova 7-5, 4-6, 6-2
- Dimitrov d Nielsen 7-6, 6-2
- Dimitrov & Pironkova d Nielson & Wozniaki
Session 8 – Czech Republic d USA
- Kvitova d Mattek-Sands 6-2, 6-1
- Berdych d Fish 6-3, 6-3
- Kvitova & Berdych d Fish & Mattek-Sands 6-3, 7-5
The “third round” will be played on Thursday 5 and Friday 6 January, followed by the final on Saturday 7 January.
The photos have been removed due to space limitations
Stay tuned for more updates as information comes to hand 🙂
Grand Slam Gal
Kvitova playing well so far, doing what needs to be done efficiently. Wil be interesting to see how she goes against Wozniaki on Friday. Looking forward to Thursday’s Gasquet v Verdasco.