We’re now at the end of the group stage of the Hopman Cup and the finalists are confirmed as France and the Czech Republic.
Below is a review of the results from the “third round”.
Session 9 Part A – France beat Spain 2-0
- Bartoli d Medina Garrigues 6-2, 6-4
- Gasquet d Verdasco 6-2, 6-4
As France was ahead 2-0 the mixed doubles were not played.
Session 9 Part B – Australia beat China
- Li Na d Gajdosova 6-3, 6-2
- Hewitt d Wu Di 6-4, 7-5
- Hewitt & Gajdosova d Wu Di & Li Na
Read the Hopman Cup’s Session 9 Wrap.
Session 10 Part A – Czech Republic beat Denmark
- Kvitova d Wozniaki 7-6, 3-6, 6-4
- Berdych d Nielsen 6-1, 6-3
The mixed doubles was not played.
Session 10 Part B – Bulgaria d USA 2-1
- Mattek-Sands d Pironkova 6-4, 6-4
- Dimitrov d Fish 6-2, 6-1
- Dimitrov & Pironkova d Fish & Mattek-Sands
Read the Hopman Cup’s Session 10 Wrap.
The pictures have been removed due to space limitations.
The final is played on Saturday. Am looking forward to some top tennis from the France and Czech Republic teams.
Stay tuned for more info and pics.
Grand Slam Gal