This year’s Roland Garros was epic in many ways. Here’s a review of the winners, the photos and the articles, plus my highlights video.
The Highlights Video
I made this vid from my favourite photos of Roland Garros and Paris. It’s set to the song “One Day More” from the musical Les Miserables, which is my favourite musical, has a french connection and in honour of Rafa waiting one day more due to the rain delay to achieve his record win.
The vid includes my personal highlights. Unfortunately I wasn’t there after the quarter-finals so couldn’t include pics from the semis and finals.
You’ll need to play it on a laptop or PC.
Roland Garros 2012 was epic because Rafael Nadal won his record, seventh Roland Garros title.
Maria Sharapova won the women’s final, achieving her career grand slam.
Articles on the event
More photos from Roland Garros 2012
- Roland Garros qualifying
- Pics from around the grounds
- Day 3 – Kvitova, Barty, Sharapova, Cadantu
- Day 3 – Murray, Ito, Benneteau, Zverev
- Day 7 – Ferrer v Youzhny
- Day 7 – Gasquet v Haas
- Day 8 – Federer v Goffin
- Day 8 – Stosur v Stephens
- Day 8 – Azarenka v Cibulkova
- Day 10 – Stosur v Cibulkova
- Day 10 – Djokovic v Tsonga
Eating and Drinking in Paris
- Food and drink at Roland Garros
- The Grand Slam of Cheese: Paris
- 3 delicious Paris Gems; A street, a restaurant and a gluten free bakery
Onward to Wimbledon.
Grand Slam Gal